Basic Obstetric Ultrasound
(Introductory Ultrasound for Pregnancy Assessment)
- It is a Seven days Basic Obstetric ultrasound course for Pregnancy Assessment
- Basic or Introductory Ultrasound for Pregnancy Assessment courses are delivered with a main focus on the acquisition of basic practical skills on scanning techniques and protocols with AIUM/ARDMS standard protocol.
- With ultrasound – now a central component for pregnancy assessment, this course will give you the practical and theoretical knowledge to perform and understand fundamental ultrasound examination in pregnancy.
- One to One Hands-on training training is the main focus on practical skills acquisition with practical and didactic classes with instructor-student of 1:3 ratios.
- State of the art training facility with modern ultrasound equipment ranging from basic machine to TVS, Color Doppler, 3D/4D facilities.
- The utilization of real pregnant patient patient supplemented by videos, slides, lectures etc.
- Time-frame can be extended up to 15-30 days according to the participant’s special needs.
- Are you regularly called on to perform Pregnancy Assessment?
- Are you an Obstetrician/Sonologist looking to develop your ultrasound skills?
- Are you an Obstetrician looking to learn ultrasound for pregnancy assessment and fetal biometry?
- Do you simply want to improve, refresh or extend your technique?
- THEN THIS IS THE RIGHT COURSE FOR YOU.
- Basic Obstetric ultrasound, a fundamental component of your practice, this program will give you the practical and theoretical knowledge to perform and understand pregnancy assessment with a set of new skills ready to apply in the real world.
This practical and focused course will provide you with the skills to:-
- Describe physical principles to understand and operate the ultrasound equipment.
- Demonstrate basic practical proficiency in transabdominal and transvaginal assessment of pelvic organs.
- Demonstrate basic practical proficiency in performing and interpreting the following
- Ultrasound evaluation in the first trimester.
- Ultrasound evaluation in the 2nd and 3rd trimester.
- Fetal biometric assessment in 1st, 2nd and 3rd trimester.
- Ultrasound assessment for fetal well being, placental location and evaluation of the cervix, especially in 3rd trimester.
- Discuss the principles of assessment of first trimester bleeding, miscarriage or abortions, ectopic pregnancy and other causes of pregnancy failure.
- Discuss the first trimester embryonic or fetal abnormality or aneuploidy scanning.
- Discuss the common second and third trimester fetal abnormalities.
- Discuss the clinical role, practical applications, and limitations of ultrasound in the assessment of pregnancy.
- Document and present complete and accurate sonographic findings for recording and reporting to facilitate appropriate diagnosis and management.
- MBBS or any medical graduate.
- DGO/FCPS/MS in OB/GYN.
- Bachelor of nursing who are interested in Pregnancy Assessment Ultrasound.
- 7 days. (Can be extended or shortened on demand or needs of individual candidate)
- Starts on demand anytime.
- A “Certificate of Achievement” shall be awarded to the participants who registers and successfully completes all the requirement of the program.
- We welcome students from other countries to enrich our campus life and foster life-long relationships and international cultural interactions.
- We don’t have accommodation facilities at the moment for foreign students. However, if requested earlier, we may assist to find suitable accommodation nearby the campus.
- Contact Admission desk
- Fees are changeable at anytime without prior notice.
- Download application form. For download – Click here
- Make of a Pay order/Telegraphic Transfer in favor of “Shristy Institute for Health Sciences & Technology Ltd.”
- Send application form & Pay Order/TT copy with the following documents (Attested or Notarized Photocopy only):
- MBBS/Graduation Certificate.
- BMDC/Medical Council Registration.
- Experience/Certificate in Sonography (If any)
- National ID copy.
- Passport Copy (for foreign students).
- 3 copy of Passport size Picture/Photos.
- Send all documents to –
Shristy Institute for Health Sciences
Suite # C-9, Level – 9,
Green Rowshanara Tower, 755 Satmasjid Road
Tel: +88 02 58152221
Cell: +88 01711 563737
|PROGRAM||BASIC OBSTETRIC ULTRASOUND
(Introductory Ultrasound for Pregnancy Assessment)
|Day 01||Introduction to basic physics in ultrasound, Knobology, Image artifacts, TGC/Gain setting and Image optimization.
Practical session: Non-pregnant pelvis – ultrasound appearances and sonographic techniques.
|Day 02||Practical session: Transabdominal & Transvaginal Scanning|
|Day 03||Practical session: First Trimester Pregnancy Ultrasound Scanning with discussion on first trimester pregnancy failure, bleeding, miscarriage, and other abnormalities.|
|Day 04||Practical session: 2nd and 3rd Trimester Pregnancy Ultrasound Scanning with clinical algorithms, sonographic appearance and scanning techniques.|
|Day 05||Practical session: 2nd and 3rd Trimester Pregnancy Ultrasound Scanning with emphasis on fetal biometry.|
|Day 06||Practical session: : 2nd and 3rd Trimester Pregnancy Ultrasound Scanning with emphasis on fetal well being, placental location and Cervical length.|
|Day 07||Practical session: : Discussion on 2nd and 2rd trimester common fetal abnormalities and Review.|