- It is a five days introductory Musculoskeletal (MSK) Ultrasound course.
- MSK ultrasound imaging is a fast growing non-invasive, inexpensive and readily available at “Point of Care” application within trauma and orthopedics surgery, sports medicine, physiotherapy and also in the field of rheumatology.
- Basic or Introductory MSK Ultrasound courses are delivered with a main focus on the acquisition of basic practical skills on scanning techniques and protocols in examination of joints, ligaments, tendons and muscles with AIUM/ARDMS standard protocol.
- One to One Hands-on training is the main focus on practical skills acquisition with practical and didactic classes with instructor-student ratios of 1:3.
- State of the art training facility with modern ultrasound equipment with high resolution transducer for MSK, as well as with Color Doppler and 3D/4D facilities.
- The utilization of real patient supplemented by videos, slides, lectures etc.
- Are you a Sonologist, Sports medicine physician or physio, looking to expand your ultrasound skills to the field of MSK Sonography?
- Are you a Sonologist/Orthopedic/Trauma surgeon or Sports medicine specialist or a physiotherapist looking to enhance your ability to identify pathology of Joints, ligaments, tendons and muscles at “Point of Care”?
- Do you simply want to improve your technique especially in MSK Sonography?
- THEN THIS IS THE RIGHT COURSE FOR YOU.
- With MSK ultrasound, a fundamental component of your practice, this program will give you the practical and theoretical knowledge to perform and understand examination of muscles, joints, ligaments, tendons, and nerves at your “point of care”.
This practical and focused course will provide you with the skills to:-
- Describe physical principles and artifacts of ultrasound, specially related to MSK.
- Demonstrate a protocol for image acquisition, labeling, recording and storage.
- Demonstrate image orientation and image optimization in order to enable correct scanning and diagnosis.
- Demonstrate basic practical proficiency in MSK ultrasound…
- Describe and demonstrate the anatomy and normal sonographic appearances of the Upper extremity including –
- Shoulder joint – Rotator cuff muscles, ligaments, bursa.
- Elbow joint – muscles, ligaments.
- Wrist & fingers – muscles, tendons, retinaculum, median & ulnar nerves.
- Describe the musculoskeletal sonoanatomy and sonographic appearances of Lower extremity including –
- Hip joint.
- Knee joint
- Ankle and foot.
- Describe the sonographic appearances of “Soft-tissue” ultrasound, foreign bodies, “lumps & bumps”, arteries vs. vein, nerves.
- Describe the common indication and procedure of needle guidance (FNAC) and needle aspiration and/or intra-articular injections.
- Document and present complete and accurate sonographic findings for recording and reporting to facilitate appropriate diagnosis and treatment.
- MBBS or equivalent degree.
- Sports Medicine specialist, Orthopedic & Trauma surgeons,
- Emergency physicians, Physiotherapists.
- 5 days. (Can be extended to 15 days or shortened to 3 days on demand)
- Starts on demand anytime.
- A “Certificate of Achievement” shall be awarded to the participants who registers and successfully completes all the requirement of the program.
- We welcome students from other countries to enrich our campus life and foster life-long relationships and international cultural interactions.
- We don’t have accommodation facilities at the moment for foreign students. However, if requested earlier, we may assist to find suitable accommodation nearby the campus.
- For Bangladesh Nationals: BDT. 40,000 (5 days)
- For Foreign Students: : US$500 or equivalent amount.
- Fees are changeable at anytime without prior notice.
- Download application form. For download – Click here
- Make of a Pay order/Telegraphic Transfer in favor of “Shristy Institute for Health Sciences & Technology Ltd.”
- Send application form & Pay Order/TT copy with the following documents (Attested or Notarized Photocopy only):
- MBBS/Graduation Certificate.
- BMDC/Medical Council Registration.
- Experience/Certificate in Sonography (If any)
- National ID copy.
- Passport Copy (for foreign students).
- 3 copy of Passport size Picture/Photos.
- Send all documents to –
Shristy Institute for Health Sciences
Plot # 61, Suite # D-4, 4th Floor,
Anam Rangs Plaza, Road No. 6/A,
Tel: +88 02 58152221
Cell: +88 01711 563737
|PROGRAM||BASIC MUSCULOSKELETAL ULTRASOUND (MSK)|
|Day 01||Introduction to basic physics in ultrasound, Knobology, Image artifacts, TGC/Gain setting and Image optimization.
Practical session: MSK ultrasound of Upper extremity – Shoulder & Elbow.
|Day 02||Practical session: MSK ultrasound of Upper extremity – Wrist & Fingers.|
|Day 03||Practical session: : MSK ultrasound of Lower extremity – Hip & Knee.|
|Day 04||Practical session: MSK ultrasound of Lower extremity – Ankle & Foot.|
|Day 05||Practical session: MSK ultrasound- Soft-tissue, Foreign bodies, Lumps & Bumps, Arteries vs. Veins and Nerves.|