Basic Gynecology Ultrasound
(Transabdominal & Transvaginal)
- It is a five days introductory ultrasound course for Gynecology with both transabdominal and transvaginal examination.
- Basic Abdominal Ultrasound or General Medicine ultrasound courses are delivered with a main focus on the acquisition of basic practical skills on scanning techniques and protocols with AIUM/ARDMS standard protocol.
- One to One Hands-on training is the main focus with didactic classes with a 1:3/1:5 ratio of instructor-student dedicated to practical and theories.
- State of the art training facility with modern ultrasound equipment ranging from basic machine to TVS, Color Doppler, 3D/4D facilities.
- The utilization of real patient supplemented by videos, slides, lectures etc.
- Time-frame can be extended up to 15-30 days or shortened to 3 days according to the participant’s special needs.
- Are you a Gynecologist/Sonologist looking to develop your ultrasound skills?
- Are you a Sonologist/Gynecologist looking to enhance your ability to identify uterine and ovarian pathology?
- Are you simply wanting to improve your technique specially Transvaginal Sonography
- THEN THIS IS THE RIGHT COURSE FOR YOU.
- With Gynecology ultrasound, a fundamental component of your practice, this program will give you the practical and theoretical knowledge to perform and understand transabdominal and transvaginal pelvic examination, at your “point of care”.
This practical and focused course will provide you with the skills to:-
- Describe physical principles and artifacts of ultrasound.
- Describe and demonstrate a scanning technique according to AIUM/ARDMS standard.
- Demonstrate a protocol for image acquisition, labeling, recording and storage.
- Describe and demonstrate field of view, image orientation and image optimization in order to enable correct scanning and diagnosis.
- Demonstrate basic practical proficiency in transabdominal and transvaginal assessment of pelvic organs.
- Describe and demonstrate the anatomy and normal sonographic appearances of the pelvic organs including –
- Correlation with the normal menstrual cycle,
- Changes in pre-puberty, reproductive and post-menopause.
- Describe the sonographic appearances of common uterine pathology within the endometrium and endometrial cavity, pathology in the myometrium, benign and malignant.
- Describe the sonographic appearances of common Ovarian and adnexal pathology- Ovarian and adnexal cysts, ovarian neoplasms, benign and malignant.
- Document and present complete and accurate sonographic findings for recording and reporting to facilitate appropriate diagnosis and treatment.
- MBBS, DGO/FCPS/MS in OB/GYN or equivalent degree.
- Bachelor of nursing who are interested in Gynecology Ultrasound.
- 5 days. (Can be extended to 15 days or shortened to 3 days on demand)
- Starts on demand anytime.
- A “Certificate of Achievement” shall be awarded to the participants who registers and successfully completes all the requirement of the program.
- We welcome students from other countries to enrich our campus life and foster life-long relationships and international cultural interactions.
- We don’t have accommodation facilities at the moment for foreign students. However, if requested earlier, we may assist to find suitable accommodation nearby the campus.
- Contact Admission desk
- Fees are changeable at anytime without prior notice.
- Download application form. For download – Click here
- Make of a Pay order/Telegraphic Transfer in favor of “Shristy Institute for Health Sciences & Technology Ltd.”
- Send application form & Pay Order/TT copy with the following documents (Attested or Notarized Photocopy only):
- MBBS/Graduation Certificate.
- BMDC/Medical Council Registration.
- Experience/Certificate in Sonography (If any)
- National ID copy.
- Passport Copy (for foreign students).
- 3 copy of Passport size Picture/Photos.
- Send all documents to –
MAILING ADDRESS: Program Director
Shristy Institute for Health Sciences
Suite # C-9, Level – 9,
Green Rowshanara Tower, 755 Satmasjid Road
Tel: +88 02 58152221
Cell: +88 01711 563737
|PROGRAM||BASIC ULTRASOUND FOR GYNECOLOGY
(Transabdominal & Transvaginal)
|Day 01||Introduction to basic physics in ultrasound, Knobology, Image artifacts, TGC/Gain setting and Image optimization.
Practical session: Transabdominal pelvic ultrasound
|Day 02||Practical session: Transabdominal & Transvaginal Scanning|
|Day 03||Practical session: Transvaginal scanning|
|Day 04||Practical session: Demonstration of common gynecology pathology|
|Day 05||Practical session: Bringing it all together – a clinician perspective|