Advance Obstetric Ultrasound/Fetal Anomaly Scan
Fetal Genetic Scan/Aneuploidy Scan
- It is a Seven days Advanced Obstetrics ultrasound course for Pregnancy Assessment.
- This Advanced Ultrasound for Pregnancy Assessment courses are delivered with a main focus on the acquisition of extended practical skills on scanning techniques and protocols to identify/exclude fetal anomaly including Chromosomal or aneuploidy scan.
- This course will give you the practical and theoretical knowledge to perform and understand ultrasound examination in pregnancy with emphasis on ability of identifying fetal anomalies, including sonographic soft-markers for genetic abnormalities.
- This program will also demonstrate the techniques of Doppler assessment of Fetal-maternal circulation, fetal well being, IUGR and Biophysical profile.
- One to One Hands-on training is the main focus on practical skills acquisition with practical and didactic classes with instructor-student of 1:3 ratios.
- State of the art training facility with modern ultrasound equipment ranging from basic machine to TVS, Color Doppler, 3D/4D facilities.
- The utilization of real pregnant patient supplemented by videos, slides, lectures etc.
- Time-frame can be extended up to 15-30 days according to the participant’s special needs.
- This Advanced Obstetrics Ultrasound Program assumes a reasonable experience in the basic components of obstetrics ultrasound scanning.
- Are you an Obstetrician/Sonologist looking to develop your ultrasound skills to identify fetal anomalies, Genetic or aneuploidy scanning?
- Are you an Obstetrician/Sonologist looking to learn ultrasound for pregnancy assessment in advance level with the ability to assess fetal-maternal circulation or Doppler assessment?
- Do you simply want to improve, refresh or extend your obstetric ultrasound technique?
- THEN THIS IS THE RIGHT COURSE FOR YOU.
This practical and focused course will provide you with the skills to:-
- Describe physical principles to understand and operate the ultrasound equipment.
- Demonstrate a scanning technique according to AIUM/ARDMS or global standard.
- Demonstrate advanced practical proficiency in performing and interpreting the following:
- Normal and abnormal first trimester ultrasound evaluation.
- Normal and abnormal 2nd and 3rd trimester ultrasound evaluation.
- Fetal biometric assessment in 1st, 2nd and 3rd trimester.
- Ultrasound assessment for fetal well being by using Doppler,
- Ultrasound assessment for fetal anomalies by using 3D/4D,
- Ultrasound assessment of placenta and cervix, especially in 3rd trimester.
- Discuss the principles of assessment of first trimester bleeding, miscarriage or abortions, ectopic pregnancy and other causes of pregnancy failure.
- Discuss the first trimester embryonic or fetal abnormality or aneuploidy scanning.
- Discuss the second and third trimester fetal abnormalities including biometry, fetal brain, spine, lungs, heart, kidneys, bladder, bowel, limbs, cord and cord insertion.
- Discuss the sonographic soft-markers related with chromosomal abnormalities.
- Surveillance of pre-eclamsia, gestational diabetes, IUGR, fetal hypoxia.
- Discuss the clinical role, practical applications, and limitations of ultrasound in the assessment of pregnancy.
- Document and present complete and accurate sonographic findings for recording and reporting to facilitate appropriate diagnosis and management.
- MBBS or any medical graduate.
- DGO/FCPS/MS in OB/GYN.
- Bachelor of nursing who are interested in Pregnancy Assessment Ultrasound.
- 7 days. (Can be extended or shortened on demand or needs of individual candidate)
- Starts on demand anytime.
- A “Certificate of Achievement” shall be awarded to the participants who registers and successfully completes all the requirement of the program.
- We welcome students from other countries to enrich our campus life and foster life-long relationships and international cultural interactions.
- We don’t have accommodation facilities at the moment for foreign students. However, if requested earlier, we may assist to find suitable accommodation nearby the campus.
- For Bangladesh Nationals: BDT. 40,000 (7day)
- For Foreign Students: : US$700 or equivalent amount.
- Fees are changeable at anytime without prior notice.
- Download application form. For download – Click here
- Make of a Pay order/Telegraphic Transfer in favor of “Shristy Institute for Health Sciences & Technology Ltd.”
- Send application form & Pay Order/TT copy with the following documents (Attested or Notarized Photocopy only):
- MBBS/Graduation Certificate.
- BMDC/Medical Council Registration.
- Experience/Certificate in Sonography (If any)
- National ID copy.
- Passport Copy (for foreign students).
- 3 copy of Passport size Picture/Photos.
- Send all documents to –
Shristy Institute for Health Sciences
Plot # 61, Suite # D-4, 4th Floor,
Anam Rangs Plaza, Road No. 6/A,
Tel: +88 02 58152221
Cell: +88 01711 563737
|PROGRAM||Advance Obstetric Ultrasound/Fetal Anomaly Scan
(Fetal Genetic Scan/Aneuploidy Scan)
|Day 01||Introduction to basic physics in ultrasound, Knobology, Image artifacts, TGC/Gain setting and Image optimization.
Practical session: Non-pregnant pelvis – ultrasound appearances and sonographic techniques.
|Day 02||Practical session: First Trimester Pregnancy Ultrasound Scanning with clinical algorithms, sonographic appearance and scanning techniques.|
|Day 03||Practical session: First Trimester Pregnancy Ultrasound Scanning with discussion on first trimester pregnancy failure, bleeding, miscarriage, embryonic demise and abnormalities including first trimester genetic or aneuploidy scan.|
|Day 04||Practical session: 2nd and 3rd Trimester Pregnancy Ultrasound Scanning with clinical algorithms, sonographic appearance and scanning techniques, fetal biometry, fetal abnormalities of head, neck, thorax & heart.|
|Day 05||Practical session: 2nd and 3rd Trimester Pregnancy Ultrasound Scanning with emphasis on abnormalities of fetal GI tract, genito-urinary tract, Spine, Limbs, placenta, cord, cord insertion and Cervical length.|
|Day 06||Practical session: : Pregnancy Ultrasound Scanning with Doppler with emphasis on fetal well being, fetal hypoxia, pre-eclamsia and IUGR.|
|Day 07||Practical session: : 2nd and 3rd trimester sonographic soft markers and genetic abnormalities and Review.|