Basic Abdominal Ultrasound
(General Medicine Ultrasound)
- It is a seven day basic or introductory ultrasound course for Abdomen or General Medicine.
- Basic Abdominal Ultrasound or General Medicine ultrasound courses are delivered with a main focus on the acquisition of basic practical skills on scanning techniques and protocols with AIUM/ARDMS standard protocol.
- The aim of this seven day course is to provide basic practical skills in scanning abdominal organs and in the assessment of commonly encountered problems.
- One to One Hands-on training is the main focus with didactic classes with a 1:3/1:5 ratio of instructor-student dedicated to practical and theories.
- Time-frame can be extended up to 15 days to one month according to the participant’s special needs.
- Aimed at candidates at all levels that have little or no prior ultrasound experience.
- This course is also designed for general physicians, emergency physicians, internal medicine, surgeons, emergency nurses who want to know the basic sonographic principles and also can do ultrasound at “point of care” for quick diagnosis and treatment of their patients.
- Also intended for those Sonologist and Sonographers who are already working in the profession but needs improvement in his/her basic scanning techniques and protocols.
- Describe physical principles and artifacts of ultrasound.
- Describe and demonstrate a scanning technique according to AIUM/ARDMS standard.
- Demonstrate a protocol for image acquisition, labeling, recording and storage.
- Describe and demonstrate field of view, image orientation and image optimization in order to enable correct scanning and diagnosis.
- Demonstrate basic practical proficiency in assessment of abdominal vessels.
- Demonstrate basic practical proficiency in assessment of Hepatobiliary system, Pancreas, Spleen.
- Demonstrate basic practical proficiency in assessment of the kidneys and urinary bladder.
- Demonstrate basic practical proficiency in assessment of abdominal wall.
- Demonstrate basic practical proficiency in assessment of emergency conditions such as assessment in trauma, or in acute RUQ pain, acute epigastric pain, acute LUQ pain or acute lower abdominal pain.
- Demonstrate basic practical proficiency in assessment of DVT.
- Demonstrate basic practical proficiency in assessment of pleural effusion, pericardial effusion and ascites and localized fluid collection in abdomen.
- MBBS, MD/MS in Medicine, Surgery, Pediatrics, or
- Medical doctors from any discipline
- Bachelor of nursing who are working in emergency.
- 7 days. (Can be extended on demand up to one month)
- Starts on demand anytime.
- A “Certificate of Achievement” shall be awarded to the participants who registers and successfully completes all the requirement of the program.
- We welcome students from other countries to enrich our campus life and foster life-long relationships and international cultural interactions.
- We don’t have accommodation facilities at the moment for foreign students. However, if requested earlier, we may assist to find suitable accommodation nearby the campus.
- For Bangladesh Nationals: BDT. 25,000 (07day), BDT. 50,000 (30day)
- For Foreign Students: US$. 500-1000, or equivalent amount.
- Fees are changeable at anytime without prior notice.
- Download application form. For download – Click here
- Make of a Pay order/Telegraphic Transfer in favor of “Shristy Institute for Health Sciences & Technology Ltd.”
- Send application form & Pay Order/TT copy with the following documents (Attested or Notarized Photocopy only):
- MBBS/Graduation Certificate.
- BMDC/Medical Council Registration.
- Experience/Certificate in Sonography (If any)
- National ID copy.
- Passport Copy (for foreign students).
- 3 copy of Passport size Picture/Photos.
- Send all documents to –
Shristy Institute for Health Sciences
Plot # 61, Suite # D-4, 4th Floor,
Anam Rangs Plaza, Road No. 6/A,
Tel: +88 02 58152221
Cell: +88 01711 563737
|PROGRAM||BASIC ABDOMINAL/GENERAL MEDICINE ULTRASOUND|
|Day 01||Basic principles of physics in ultrasound, Instrumentation, Knobology,Image artifacts and Image optimization.
Practical session – Knobology, probe manipulation, TGC/Gain setting and Image optimization.
|Day 02||Practical session -Abdominal vessels, Pancreas.|
|Day 03||Practical session – Spleen, Kidney, Bladder & Prostate imaging|
|Day 04||Practical session – Liver & Biliary system imaging|
|Day 05||Practical session – Peritoneal cavity, Retroperitoneum & abdominal wall.|
|Day 06||Practical session – Emergency ultrasound and Trauma protocol (FAST)
– How to assess a case in Emergency/Trauma.
|Day 07||Practical session – How to asses a case of DVT|