· It is a four month Comprehensive course on Adult Echocardiography.
· It is delivered with a main focus on the acquisition of basic practical skills on scanning techniques and protocols with ACS/ARDMS standard protocol covering the syllabus for RDCS licensing examination.
· This specialized course will give you practical proficiency in attaining advanced echocardiography views, with plenty of opportunity to apply these skills through our practical exercises.
· One to One Hands-on training is the main focus on practical skills acquisition with practical and didactic classes with instructor-student of 1:5 ratios.
· State of the art training facility with modern ultrasound equipment ranging from basic machine to High Resolution Color Doppler, PW/CW Doppler and Power Doppler along with Tissue Doppler Imaging (TDI) facilities. The utilization of real patient supplemented by videos, slides, lectures etc.
· Time-frame can be modified from four month according to the participant’s special needs.
· Are you a Cardiologist, Physician or Internist, wants to gain practical proficiency in performing and interpreting cardiac ultrasound scans?
· Are you a Sonologist looking to develop your Cardiac ultrasound skills?
· Are you seeking to utilize cardiac ultrasound for assessment of valvular disease?
· Do you want to apply Cardiac ultrasound in a critical arrest scenario?
· Do you simply want to improve, refresh or extend your ultrasound technique and thus opening a new horizon of ultrasound practice?
· Do you intend to appear RDCS licensing examination in Adult echocardiography?
“THEN THIS IS THE RIGHT COURSE FOR YOU”
program will give you the practical and theoretical knowledge to perform and understand
Cardiac assessment with a set of new skills ready to apply in the real world.
· This practical and focused course builds your skills in a practical, step-by-step manner with supervised hands-on scanning.
· At the conclusion of this course you will be able to:
o Explore the physical principles and artifacts of ultrasound to attain basic practical proficiency in B-mode and Doppler image optimization.
o Demonstrate basic practical proficiency in performing and interpreting the goal directed echocardiography examination to differentiate between Normal anatomy & Physiology with pathology,
o Normal and abnormal left and right ventricular dimensions and function.
o Normal and abnormal left and right atrial dimensions and function.
o Normal and abnormal interventricular and interatrial septum.
o Normal and abnormal A-V valves, LVOT & RVOT.
o M-Mode acquisition and relationship to 2D Cardiac anatomy
o Segmental wall motion assessment
pericardial effusion and distinguish it from pleural effusio
o Gross abnormalities in valvular function.
o Cardiac tamponade and acute pulmonary embolism.
o Pneumothorax, pneumonia and pulmonary edema.
o Discuss the clinical role, practical applications and limitations of the goal directed echo examination.
o Demonstrate the ability to incorporate knowledge obtained from bedside echocardiography into the care of critically ill patients.
o Document and present complete and accurate sonographic findings for recording in the patient’s record to facilitate appropriate diagnosis and clinical management.
· General Physician Sonologist (MBBS, MD)
· Cardiologist (D. Card/MD)
· Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgeon (MS/FCPS)
· Internal Medicine /FCPS/ MD/MRCP in Medicine
· Four months program
· Can start on demand anytime or can be customized on individual needs.
· For upcoming schedule, please contact us.
· January, May and September of each year.
· Can start on demand anytime with minimum 4-5 students.
· Must be upon your confirmation of admission.
· A “Certificate of Achievement” shall be awarded to the participants who registers and successfully completes all the requirement of the program.
· We welcome students from other countries to enrich our campus life and foster life-long relationships and international cultural interactions.
· We don’t have accommodation facilities at the moment for foreign students. However, if requested earlier, we may assist to find suitable accommodation nearby the campus.