• It is a Post Graduate Diploma course in Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound.
• It is a One-year regular full time course.
• It is also available as One-year distance learning program with 2 months at site hands-on training.
• It is a comprehensive course covering almost all ultrasound modalities with North American curriculum and scanning protocol for ARDMS registry exam.
• This program is intended for all medical doctors and allied health professionals who wish to perform General abdominal, small parts, Thyroid, Breasts and OBGYN Ultrasonography independently for diagnostic purposes in advance standing or tertiary level.
• One to One Hands-on training with state of the art training facility, modern ultrasound equipment, supplemented by videos, lectures & American-Canadian licensed instructor.
• The distant learning program is intended only for those who are unable to attend in a regular program due to their pre-occupation and/or for foreign students who cannot afford one year leave from their employers. However, they must ready for 2-month full time at site hands-on training at the end.
· The objective of this one-year duration PG-Diploma course is to produce advanced standing sonologist and sonographers through a very intensive and more detail course module comprising both didactic and hands on practical training that will be able to serve the community in a secondary or tertiary level hospitals or clinics.
· To obtain RDMS credentials from USA. Our graduates after completion of their diploma courses, becomes eligible to sit for American licensing examination popularly known as ARDMS, who provides RDMS, RDCS, RVT, RMSK certificates, a globally recognized credentials in the field of ultrasound. Passing rate of our graduates in ARDMS examination is almost 100%, because our curriculum and hands on training follows the curriculum and scanning protocol of ARDMS and CARDUP (Sonography Canada).
It is a comprehensive course covering all aspect of the AIUM, ARDMS & CARDUP Guideline for scanning technique and protocol along with didactic course curriculum. The subjects taught within the one year DMU program are:
o Sonographic principles & instrumentation (SPI),
o Abdominal ultrasound
o OBGYN ultrasound with Neurosonology
o Small parts and superficial structures ultrasound.
o Clinical practicum (hands-on) Part -I
o Clinical practicum (hands-on) Part - II
Course Content – Sonographic Principles & Instrumentation:
o Introduction and Basic terminology
o Wave parameters –sound wave & ultrasound wave parameters
o Interaction of ultrasound & tissues
o TGC & echo-ranging
o Ultrasound Transducer theories & types
o Pulse-echo imaging & instrumentation
o Display mode, image storage & recording
o Doppler principles & Instrumentation
o Image artifacts in grey scale ultrasound &
o Image artifacts in Doppler ultrasound
o Bioeffects and patient’s safety
o Quality assurance & quality control
o New technologies & Protocol
Course Content – Abdominal Ultrasound:
o Introduction, Terminology & Image orientation
o Introduction, Basic Nomenclature, Terminology & Image orientation
o Abdominal vasculature – arterial system
o Abdominal vasculature – Systemic & Portal venous system
o Normal liver, anatomy and physiology
o Liver pathology
o Gall bladder and Biliary tree
o Spleen & Reticuloendothelial system
o Adrenal glands
o Normal Kidney & Lower urinary tract
o Kidney & Lower urinary tract pathology
o Transplant Kidney
o Gastrointestinal tract
o Peritoneal cavities, fluid collections, ascites
Course Content – Small parts and superficial structure ultrasound:
o Neck, Thyroid & Parathyroid gland
o Prostate & Seminal Vesicles
o Scrotum & Testes
o Abdominal walls and Non-Cardiac chest.
o Basic MSK – muscles, joints and ligaments.
Course content - Gynecology ultrasound:
o Introduction, basic terminology and Image Orientation
o Anatomy of female pelvis
o Physiology of female pelvis
o Uterine & Vaginal pathology
o Ovarian and adnexal pathology
o PID & IUCD
o Infertility & ART
o Patient care, safety and quality assurance
Course content - OB-ultrasound:
o Normal first trimester
o Early pregnancy failure
o Ectopic pregnancy
o First Trimester anomaly screening at 11w-13W6days.
o Normal 2nd & 3rd Trimester
o Extra Fetal assessment of Placenta, AF, Cervix, Uterus, Ovaries & adnexa
o Fetal age, Growth assessment & IUGR
o Multiple gestations
o Fetal anomaly of CNS, face & neck
o Fetal heart – Normal heart & cardiac anomaly
o Abdominal wall defects
o Gastrointestinal tract anomaly
o Genito-Urinary anomaly
o Skeletal anomaly
o Chromosomal anomaly (aneuploidy)
o Non-chromosomal anomaly (Structural & developmental anomaly)
o Fetal hydrops, Diabetes, Hemolytic disease of new born
o Fetal surveillance by Doppler & Biophysical profile
o Recording, Interpretation & Report writing
· Course starts twice in a year. Student can enroll for –
· Winter session: January-December or,
· Fall session: July-June.
· Foreign students must apply at least three month ahead for visa processing.
Eligibility Criteria for Bangladeshi Residents:
· MBBS, MD or any equivalent degree in Medicine, recognized by BMDC.
Eligibility Criteria for Foreign Applicants or Non-Resident Bangladeshi:
· MBBS, MD or any equivalent degree in Medicine.
· Bachelor in Radiology Technology (RT)
· Bachelor in Medical Imaging Technology (BMIT)
· Bachelor in Physiotherapy
· Bachelor in Nuclear Medicine
· Bachelor of Nursing and/or Midwifery.
· Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine (BHMS).
· One Year for regular program.
· One Year for distance learning (can vary with individual student).
· In distance learning program, students can complete the course at their own pace and s/he must come on-site at our school at the end of the program for a minimum period of two (2) months for direct hands on training and final evaluation for certification.
We welcome students from foreign countries to enrich our campus life and foster life
long relationships and international cultural interactions.
Foreign students must apply at least three months ahead for visa processing.
The certificates submitted by foreign students as prerequisite must be authorized
and/or recognized by their respective board, university and/or medical council.
Accommodation: we have limited access of accommodation facilities at this moment
for foreign students nearby the campus. However, it should be requested earlier to
avail a seat. Or if one wants to stay elsewhere, we may assist to find suitable