Who are We?
Shristy Institute, a center of excellence, dedicated to education, training and research in diagnostic ultrasound. Since its inception in the year 2000, the institute has carved a niche for itself and has brought about a silent revolution in the field of practicing ultrasound, so that it has the distinction of being the first and only center in Bangladesh for ultrasound training as per protocol standardized by American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM) and Sonography Canada.
In January 2000, we have started our first Advance Graduate Diploma in Medical Ultrasound course, first of its kind in Bangladesh and South Asia. It was an internationally accredited program, affiliated with The Michener Institute of Applied Health Technology, Canada, a public funded oldest heath technology institute in Canada. Under a pilot project, 36 Bangladeshi physicians in three groups successfully completed their 18 months Advance Graduate Diploma in Medical Ultrasound and obtained their credential directly from The Michener Institute, Canada.
In January 2003, we received the affiliation of Bangladesh Technical Education Board under the Ministry of Education continuing the diploma program with the transfer of curriculum and training expertise from the Michener Institute thus could be able to reduce the course cost substantially, keeping the same standard of education, training and guidelines provided by the Michener Institute.
In June 2005, we have signed an agreement with Institute of Ultrasound Technique (IUT), Canada, to support our ultrasound programs. IUT assisted us to further improve the quality of courses and enhance its brand image through quality assurance and strategic planning support.
We have established a unique & innovative partnership program with IUT Canada & started an Advance Diploma Program for those who are already in the ultrasound profession, to enhance their scanning technique, with advance level hands-on training on different specialty ultrasound like Fetal Anomaly scan, TV/TR, 3D/4D ultrasound, Musculoskeletal ultrasound, Echocardiography & Vascular Doppler Sonography that is run under direct supervision of Dr. Hugh Ellis, a renowned Canadian Clinical ultrasound instructor with long experience as instructor. Currently, One year DMUD & ADMS certification are given jointly by IUT, Canada and Shristy Institute.
What is Our Aim?
Our principle aim is to develop quality healthcare human resources in the field of diagnostic ultrasound imaging in home and abroad. We are providing high quality didactic and hands-on training in different ultrasound modalities at tertiary level to local physicians, and also physicians, sonographers, radiology and ultrasound technologists from foreign countries. We are committed to helping medical professionals keep up with and benefit from the rapid changes in healthcare technology today and in the future.
We have trained students from Nigeria, Zambia, Botswana, Somalia, Nepal, India, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman, USA, UK & Canada and the horizon is ever increasing.
Our graduates after completion of their diploma courses, becomes eligible to sit for American licensing examination popularly known as APCA and ARDMS, who provides RDMS, RDCS, RVT, RMSK certificates, a globally recognized credentials in the field of ultrasound. Passing rate of ARDMS examination by our graduates is almost 100%.
We have also introduced short courses in different ultrasound specialty, designed to meet the needs of different medical professionals, especially emergency medical officers, General medicine, surgeons, gynecologists, obstetricians, pediatricians, gynecologists, radiology technologists, physiotherapist, cardiologists, as well as ultrasound application specialists etc., who need cross-training in ultrasound or who want to learn it right for the first time to supplement their corresponding subjects.
Why are We different?
We believe “Knowledge is a powerful medicine!”
We offer our highest quality ultrasound training programs with both didactic & hands-on training which will provide you with-
- Introductory & advanced level programs at all levels of ultrasound practices.
- Advance level of scanning techniques with internationally recognized scanning protocols by AIUM etc., so that our graduates are able to sit for the RDMS, RVT, RMSK and RDCS registry examinations in North America or CARDUP with Sonography Canada.
- Increased choices of interpretational & report writing skills.
- It will improve job performance & assist you in achieving the desired professional recognition with globally recognized Credential from ARDMS.
- • The Best Equipped ultrasound training campus in Bangladesh.
We are committed to provide superior continuing education in a highly personal atmosphere with the help of –
- A panel of expert academics & clinical Instructors.
- Leading Edge ultrasound lab facilities.
- High quality and rigorous educational syllabus with continuous updates.
- Research & development program.
- All the introductory, diploma and advanced level programs consist of lectures, case presentations and generous practical sessions.
- Numerous educational resources are available through our video, computer and textbook learning center.
- Several self-assessment exams are also provided to assist you with identifying your individual strengths and weaknesses.
- By utilizing various teaching methods, we are able to ensure that your educational objectives are met and exceeded.
- We are confident that you will agree that the education obtained will allow you to provide increased quality patient care while at the same time expand your skill level to excel in your professional career.
Our Graduates will be able to make judgments & demonstrate ability to perform the following:
- Obtain, review & integrate patient history & supporting clinical data to facilitate optimum clinical results.
- Perform appropriate scanning protocols & record anatomic, pathophysiologic data for interpretation.
- Record, analyze & process diagnostic data & other pertinent observations made during the scanning procedure for presentation to the referring physicians.
- Demonstrate appropriate communication skills with patients and colleagues.
- Act in a highly skilled professional & ethical manner.
- Provide patient education related to medical ultrasound &/or other non-invasive diagnostic vascular technique & promote principles of good health.